To make this awesome Steak and Shrimp Teriyaki Noodles You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound flank steak cut against the grain into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 pound chow mein or lo mein noodles (can use regular spaghetti too)
- 2 tablespoons oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- a couple dashes of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- green onions for garnish if desired
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
In a large bowl toss the beef with the cornstarch and set aside.
Cook noodles per package directions, set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet.
When the oil is nice and hot add in the steak (I had to do two batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, if you do this you will need a bit more oil). Sauté until browned on both side, 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the same pan.
Add in garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes.
In a small bowl combine soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, sesame oil and fish sauce.
Pour the soy sauce mixture into the pan and bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes.
In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water.
Slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture whisking continuously. Continue to cook until your desired thickness.
Add steak and noodles to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce.
Serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.