To make this Great Spanakopita Casserole You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 16-ounce box penne
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach (or equivalent of 1 pound fresh spinach, chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh dill, chopped (or 3 teaspoons dried dill)
- 1 15-ounce tub ricotta cheese
- Pinch each salt, pepper
- 1 8-ounce package part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Cook pasta on stovetop for 5 minutes then drain. Reserve half cup of pasta cooking water before draining.
- Add spinach just before draining to thaw. If using fresh you can flash cook the spinach using the same method.
- Combine remaining ingredients, including reserved water, save for 1/4 cup feta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Pour mixture into 3-quart baking dish (9×13 inch) and top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 25 minutes covered.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes to melt cheese topping.