To make this awesome Southern Peach Bread You’ll need the following ingredients:
- Butter, softened, for greasing pan
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of allspice
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups peaches, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter. Dust with 1 tablespoon sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, and milk. Add to dry ingredients and mix, but do not over-mix.
- Fold in peaches and transfer batter to prepared pan. Smooth out batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60-70 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!