To make this amazing Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pkg frozen egg noodles, 24 ounce
- 2 can(s) cream of chicken soup, 14.7 oz each; sometimes I use 1 can chicken and 1 can cream of celery
- 1 stick (1/2) cup butter – cut into pieces
- 1 can(s) chicken broth, 32 oz; may want extra to thin out if too thick. The frozen noodles thicken the broth.
- 1 tsp butter Than Bullion, optional; I add for a richer chicken flavor
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 large
- salt & pepper, to taste; can add some parsley too if desired
- Mixed vegetables (optional) I didn’t use this time.
Step1: Salt and pepper chicken breasts.
Step2: Place at bottom of the slow cooker.
Step3: Spoon soup over chicken.
Step4: Cut the butter into several pieces and spread them evenly over the soup.
Step5: Whisk the broth with the stock.
Step6: Pour over the soup.
Step7: Place the lid on the slow cooker and put on low heat. Cook for 6 hours.
Step8: Remove the chicken and tear it into pieces.
Step9: Return to the crock.
Step10: Now add the noodles; if you add vegetables, add them now.
Step11: Cook for another 2 hours or until noodles is tender. Stir several times during the last 2 hours. (You may want to add some broth to thin out at the end of cooking, as homemade noodles thicken the broth, which we like. )
Step12: Sprinkle with parsley and mix if you use it at the end of cooking.
Step13: Season with salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve.