To make this amazing Runza Casserole You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 pkgs refrigerated crescent rolls (do not separate rolls)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Unroll one tube of crescent rolls but do not separate, and place sheet in bottom of prepared baking dish. Bake 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, season ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat as needed and push meat to outer edges of skillet.
- Add butter to center of skillet. Once melted, add onions, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage and let cook down until wilted, about 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Spread mixture over baked crescent rolls. Top with mozzarella and remaining sheet of crescent roll dough.
- Bake until top is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!