To make this amazing One-Pot Zuppa Toscana You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a Dutch oven or other large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up into chunks with a spatula or wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Stir in potatoes and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in kale and let cook until wilted.
- Add cream and red pepper flake, if using, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!