To make this awesome Old Fashioned Pancakes You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 + ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 + ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 + ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- vegetable oil
- butter and maple syrup (for topping)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, vanilla and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined (will be lumpy). Do not over mix.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
- Dampen a paper towel with vegetable oil and rub on a large frying pan or griddle.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add pancake batter using a ¼ measuring cup. Pour as many as fit in your pan or griddle.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until small bubbles have began to form on the surface and edges and the pancake is golden brown. Flip the pancake over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the other side is also golden brown.
- Repeat until batter is used up.
- Serve with extra butter, maple syrup and fruit.