To make this easy and delicious Minute Mason Jar Mayo You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 wide-mouth pint-sized mason jar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard (or a dollop of Dijon mustard)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup neutral tasting oil, such as safflower or sunflower
- Add egg to mason jar. Add ground mustard, salt, lemon juice. Pour in oil.
- Place the head of an immersion blender over the egg, which should be at the bottom of the jar. Begin to blend on high.
- Once emulsion begins to turn white, turn blender to low and start to slowly lift up to draw in the oil. You can tilt the blender from side to side to mix in oil.
- Add more lemon juice and salt to taste, if needed. Enjoy!