To make this awesome Greek Chicken Skewers You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, minced
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
FOR THE TZATZIKI:
- 1/2 medium seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pitas, for serving
- In a large bowl, stir together 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 4 garlic cloves, dried oregano, and 2 teaspoons mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and stir to combine. Cover and place in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- To make the tzatziki sauce, peel the cucumber and grate. Squeeze out excess liquid with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels, then add to a medium bowl.
- Add yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and mint, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more lemon juice if needed. Cover and chill at least 20 minutes.
- When ready to cook, heat grill to medium heat.
- Place chicken on skewers, leaving about an inch of space on ends of skewers.
- Place chicken on grill over direct heat and cook about 8 minutes, flip and continue cooking until chicken is browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes more.
- Serve chicken with tzatziki sauce and pitas, if desired. Enjoy!
- To cook chicken in oven: Arrange skewers on a foil lined baking sheet. Turn on broiler and cook chicken 7-8 minutes per side under broiler until cooked through.