To make this yummy DIY String Light Poles You’ll need the following ingredients:
Assembly (Requires 2 people)
- Find a level area to assemble the light poles
- Fill bucket 3/4 full with water
- Stand conduit on end and hold in place
- Pour bag of Quikrete into bucket and stir with a stick – Don’t move the conduit
- It should set up enough to let go of the conduit within a couple minutes
- Leave it on level ground for 48 hours
Once the Quikrete is set up, lay the pole over on its side to place the PVC cap over the open end at the top. This will prevent rain water from filling your PVC pipe. I did have to paint my PVC caps with gray paint to make them match. I already had some, but a can of gray spray paint is all you would need.
These string light poles were so easy and turned out looking great. The best thing is that they are mobile, and we can use it anywhere on the farm with these great solar lights. It’s not like they lit up the farm, but they allowed for ambient lighting outside for guests to gather.
We hung the lights by wrapping them and using zip ties. We always have a set of zip ties around the farm.
They can be dressed up with more lights, plants or even fabric for fancy parties and left as is for more a casual get-together.