To make this yummy Creamy Herb Chicken You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4.4 oz.) package spreadable herb cheese (we use Boursin)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Brush chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken breasts until opaque and no longer pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- To the same skillet, heat remaining olive oil and sauté shallot and garlic, with basil, oregano and tarragon, for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in herb cheese, broth, lemon juice and zest, and whisk together until smooth, then sprinkle in flour and whisk until incorporated.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve hot!
Recipe adapted from Iowa Girl Eats