To make this easy Chinese Chicken Fried Rice You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons organic tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a wok or a large frying pan set over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a separate bowl.
Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the pan. Add the onion and frozen vegetables. Cook for 4 minutes until softened.
Stir in the garlic and ginger. Cook for a minute further until fragrant.
Push all of the vegetables to one side of the pan. Add the eggs to the other side and scramble constantly until cooked through.
Add the cooked rice, tamari, Sriracha, and chicken to the pan. Stir-fry mixture for 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with green onions and serve warm.