To make this yummy BLUEBERRY LEMON TRIFLE RECIPE You’ll need the following ingredients:
A refreshing lemon filling and fresh blueberries give this sunny dessert sensation plenty of color. Don’t worry about heating up the oven—this trifle doesn’t require baking. —Ellen Peden, Houston, Texas
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) lemon pie filling
- 2 cups (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lemon slices and fresh mint, optional
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries for garnish. In a large bowl, combine pie filling and yogurt.
- In a 3-1/2-qt. serving or trifle bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, lemon mixture and blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Top with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with reserved blueberries, and lemon and mint if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.