To make this yummy Apple Butter Cookies You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) jarred apple butter
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon apple-pie spice + 1/4 cup (60 grams) sugar for rolling
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, add the room temperature butter, apple butter and granulated sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture together on high speed until very well mixed, about 30 seconds. Then, add the egg yolk, and beat again.
- Sprinkle the flour, apple pie spice, and baking soda evenly over the top. Use the electric mixer on low, just to bring the mixture together. If the dough seems dry, keep beating until it comes together.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, and then preheat the oven to 375.
- Divide the dough into 12 tablespoon-sized balls, and roll in the apple pie spiced sugar. Space evenly on the baking sheet (no need to grease or use parchment paper).
- Bake for 13 minutes. Let rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.